We're looking for a senior Backend Engineer who loves to solve complex issues, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value with reducing technical debt.
You will build software solutions for our supply chain management, inventory management, product catalogue, order management or customer-facing applications creating experiences that exceed customer and supplier expectations.
At Vivre we see our technology as the main ingredient in our effort to build a complex business system to serve millions of clients in our 9 markets (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Greece and more to come). Our technology facilitates the sourcing of over 1 million product SKU’s from thousands of suppliers/vendors across Europe, the logistics of getting them from supplier to our clients door and everything in
We learn every day from our colleagues, our clients and our suppliers and tackle hard problems in trying to improve user experience in discovering and sorting our products, logistics operations, customer interactions, warehouse fulfillment processes, reporting and data understanding, marketing efficiency and accounting there is no area of our business that is not touched by the technology we develop.
What you will be working on:
* Develop our web-based ecommerce platform using PHP and microservices- ;
* Solve a wide range of challenging business problems, extending Vivre’s competitive advantage and ability to scale;
* Work with large and complex SQL databases and queries;
* Develop algorithms for back end business workflows;
* Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem;
* Tech stack: PHP 8, Symfony and/ or Laravel, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes etc.
What we need from you:
* Several years web development experience using PHP;
* Experience working with relational database management systems, MySQL mainly and some experience with Elasticsearch would be great;
* Desire to work in an agile environment, to be challenged and to learn continuously;
* Analytical and creative mindset for solving business problems with technology;
* Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features;
Vivre, the leading homeware online retailer in our region, started in 2012 in Bucharest, Romania. We grew from 4 people in one room to 300+ employees covering most of Eastern and Central Europe and we are still maintaining our initial start-up culture, our passion and our drive to build something great!
We learn every day from our colleagues, our clients and suppliers, we tackle challenging situations in improving user experience, finding and sorting products, automating logistics operations and warehouse fulfillment processes, advancing customer interactions,refining reporting and data, streamlining marketing and accounting - there is no area of our business that is not touched by great people.
If you fit the description, please apply, we'd like to meet you!