What we are looking for is a highly skilled SQL and Data Retrieval Expert, a master of the process of transforming data into knowledge, with an ability to understand business processes and a desire to translate everything into measurable metrics.
At Vivre we see our technology as the main ingredient in our effort to build a complex business system to serve millions of clients in our 9 markets (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Greece and more to come). Our technology facilitates the sourcing of over 1 million product SKU’s from thousands of suppliers/vendors across Europe, the logistics of getting them from supplier to our clients door and everything in between.
We learn every day from our colleagues, our clients and our suppliers and tackle hard problems in trying to improve user experience in discovering and sorting our products, logistics operations, customer interactions, warehouse fulfillment processes, reporting and data understanding, marketing efficiency and accounting there is no area of our business that is not touched by the technology we develop.
* An exciting industry, regional footprint in 9 countries, constantly evolving;
* Great development potential;
* The promise for unparalleled learning opportunities, adapted to your needs and supporting your growth;
* Private medical subscription;
* Remote work;
* Flexible work schedule;
What you will be working on:
* Work with data sources consisting in MySQL, Google BigQuery (or similar cloud offering), Elasticsearch and ClickHouse (column oriented OLAP DBMS)
* Build reporting products that drive business decisions across Vivre;
* Execute deep dives on data sets to understand their content and build accurate data products;
* Optimize performance of queries and data transformation processes;
* Investigate and identify the root causes of data inaccuracy;
What we need from you:
* High level of understanding of different RDBMS systems (MySQL), experience with NoSQLdatabases (Elasticsearch), cloud offerings (Google BigQuery)
* Good command of mathematics/statistics and some understanding of machine learning algorithms is a plus;
* Collaborative, approachable, a team player who can work with individuals of varying technical aptitude
* Attentive to detail and excited to be responsible for critical reporting.
Vivre, the leading homeware online retailer in our region, started in 2012 in Bucharest, Romania. We grew from 4 people in one room to 300+ employees covering most of Eastern and Central Europe and we are still maintaining our initial start-up culture, our passion and our drive to build something great!
We learn every day from our colleagues, our clients and suppliers, we tackle challenging situations in improving user experience, finding and sorting products, automating logistics operations and warehouse fulfillment processes, advancing customer interactions,refining reporting and data, streamlining marketing and accounting - there is no area of our business that is not touched by great people.
If you fit the description, please apply, we'd like to meet you!